Work With US
Florida Justice For Our Neighbors
The successful candidate for this position will be an attorney with significant experience practicing immigration law as well as experience in the general responsibilities listed below.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Florida Justice For Our Neighbors, a small and growing legal services nonprofit with services provided in the state of Florida. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading FL JFON in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for strategic planning with the Board to ensure that FL JFON can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops and manages resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of FL JFON, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintains the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for supporting the board in developing a fundraising plan, working with the board to implement that plan, and developing other resources necessary to support FL JFON’s mission, including in-kind resources and volunteers.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, advocacy, education and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of FL JFON’s legal services programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for management of FL JFON’s educational and advocacy efforts for immigrant and refugee rights.
- Responsible for management of FL JFON’s educational efforts for non-immigrant and refugee audiences.
- Responsible for development and implementation of communications plan to inform stakeholders of, and engage community members in, the work of the organization.
- Responsible for the enhancement of FL JFON’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements operational procedures and processes to ensure that the operations of the organization support its mission.
- Responsible for effective administration of FL JFON’s operations.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible for signing all notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into and on behalf of the organization.